Hello, dear friends, readers, journal keepers, JOY seekers, and creatives!
I'm excited to be sharing some insight for Refresh Daily newly in 2018! Happy New Year to all.
I've been hearing folks talking about what they know for sure, so I decided to come up with a few of my own, with creativity and JOY as the foundational principal, with alignment and empowerment as the goal and aim.
These Knowings are from my own life experience as woman, business owner, JOY Finder, Creative Visionary, Self Care advocate, and Artist. These principles are invaluable to me and I hope they will be food for thought and a source of inspiration for your Creative and Intuitive Life as you seek to know yourself better and be more aligned with Who You Are in all of your wonderfulness.
Here is my list of 10 Things I Know For Sure:
1. The Only One Who Can Truly Take Care of YOU is YOU. (Internal validation and Self Care are huge here.)
2. Self Care Is NOT Optional. (You can leave the guilt behind and make yourself a priority.)
3. JOY Can Be Intentional. (You can watch my JOYFest video where I share 3 Ways This Can be True for YOU.)
4. Honoring Your Preferences Eclipses the Comparison Trap. (Looking within and appreciating why you love what you love is a Big Deal.)
5. Relishing the Moment Changes Your Mindset. (You can't experience angst and relish something at the same time, can you?)
6. When We Deprive Ourselves of Creative Expression, We Deprive the World at the Same Time. (The world needs your gifts; so don't be shy! Be confident.)
7. JOY is the Precursor to the Truest Refreshment. (When you are refreshed, you are experiencing JOY at its finest.)
8. Making Time to Play Every Day Enhances Well Being. (When was the last time you played? Want to go back? Of course you do!)
9. Celebrating Our Wins Is Essential for a JOY-Filled Life. (Don't wait to Celebrate; Capture that Moment and EnJOY to the Full! Life is Too Short to do Otherwise.)
10. Creative Flow is a Sure Path to JOY. (When we get in the Zone, we are tapping into the Best of our Creative Potential. Don't miss this!)
So, there you have it! 10 Things I know for Sure. What 10 Things do YOU know for sure? You're welcome to leave your list in the comments below whether here on my blog or on social media where I have shared a link to this post. I look forward to hearing what really matters to you and celebrate with you.
If you would like to subscribe to The JOY Finder, my newsletter, follow this link. You will receive a Free Gift, 10 Steps into JOY!
For more great insight into Creativity, breaking Creative Blocks and getting out of the Bored Zone, Check out 7 Steps to Creative Clarity for prompts, video and audio full of encouragement and Creative Insight to inspire!
If you love to color and reflect, Check out Dawn's Life Directives and Affirmations Coloring Pages with Prompts and have some colorful fun!
If you keep a journal and are looking for a great private group to join, Check out JournalChat Live FB Group.
If you are looking for a place to share your daily JOY, Check out Your Path to JOY Group.
If you would like to listen to Episode Two of Refresh Daily podcast, Present JOY, follow this link.
Copyright 2018 Dawn Herring
Dawn engages in many roles: As Writer/Blogger and Artist/Creative and Founder of Refresh with Dawn Herring: Where Art and JOY Align, She enjoys sharing from her vast experience as award-winning, life-long artist and leader in the field of written journaling, offering encouragement and proven tips to other journal keepers. Dawn's focus is on written journal keeping, artistic expression and finding your Creative Voice, and positive change that leads personal empowerment, encouraging you to leave your authentic and positive mark in the world. Dawn is a Commercial artist, hand letterer/illustrator and writer/blogger and enjoys sharing insights, humor, and encouragement as she shares from her life experiences as a woman, wife, mother of two grown daughters and as a Grandparent to a special needs grandson. She enjoys keeping a journal and reading spiritual texts to help keep the light on. May JOY Align with Your Creative Heart.