Come Join me for a Live Event: A Suite of JOY!
I'm so excited to share with you, dear friends, creatives, journal keepers, JOY Finders, and even small business owners, that I'll be hosting a LIVE EVENT on Thursday, July 19, 1 CST/2 EST, from my personal Facebook, and I'm calling it, A Suite of JOY!
The purpose of this Live Event is for me to share with you the benefits and details of the Suite of Offerings here at Refresh with Dawn Herring, so you can fully be in the know about what might lead you to your True North Creatively.
I aim to inspire you to make Self Care your priority and to connect you with what might help initiate more of that Creative JOY in your life Right Now! I certainly don't want you to miss out on what's available and what might be Perfect for you in your Creative Expression.
Here are the JOY offerings I'll be detailing:
3 Secret Keys to a More JOY-filled Life
The JOY Finder
7 Steps to Creative Clarity Course
A 21 Day Refresh Intensive Course
Dawn's Life Directives and Affirmations Coloring Pages with Prompts
And my new Services:
The JOY Appointment: The One Appointment You'll Want to Keep!
Dawn's Dynamic Designs: Hand Lettering and Illustration
That's your Suite of JOY coming to you as I share the benefits of each offering, share a new Song I will sing with my Tambourine, and Connect with you, dear friends, as I always love to do! And I'll even share a prompt to help you get started!
So, do join me on my personal Facebook where I will go live (on the public setting so all can join!) on Thursday, 7/19, at 1 CST/2 EST. I look forward to connecting with you and sharing in our JOY together.
And if you'd like to get invites direct in your inbox, please sign up here.
See ya there!
I am delighted to share with you the replay of JOYFest with a Twist Live Event I hosted on my personal Facebook. We had such a good time sharing our Joys together in community as we followed the framework from The JOY Appointment: The One Appointment You'll Want to Keep! I shared a new song, my tambourine and my new art space! Many thanks to all the friends who joined in our celebration together!
If you would like to get videos like these in your inbox, click here.
If you would like to have a connection call with me, click here.
If you would like to schedule The JOY Appointment, click here.
If you would like to view and purchase my course, 7 Steps to Creative Clarity, click here.
In this Episode #4 of Refresh Daily Podcast titled, What a Bird Told Me, I share my insight and thoughts about Nest Building by a Bird in my Backyard and creativity and how persistence may play a role in Your Creative Practice and Your Path to JOY. Journaling prompts included. EnJOY.
If you'd like to get more podcast episodes in your inbox, sign up here.
If you'd like to have a connection call with me, click here.
If you'd like to schedule The JOY Appointment, click here.
If you'd like to view and purchase 7 Steps to Creative Clarity Course, click here.
YOU ARE INVITED! I will be going LIVE for the first time from my new studio space to host JOYFest with a Twist! Yes!
Do Join me on Thursday, June 28, 1 CST/2 EST, for JOYFest with a Twist on my personal Facebook (I'll be using the Public setting when I go live so all can attend.)
As you may already know, I have a new service I offer here at Refresh with Dawn Herring called The JOY Appointment: The One Appointment You'll want to Keep! So I've decided to use the same framework I use for this service and use it as the structure for when I go live.
This will include:
My welcome song
Celebrating Our Wins
Show and Tell where I'll be sharing a new song I wrote, singing and playing my tambourine
Dipping into The JOY Finder Game Card Deck and going a one card pull for all of us to enJOY and share together to help us find more JOY every day
Plus a Q&A time if you have any questions you'd like me to answer.
Doesn't that sound like fun?
Do JOIN me!
Let's share our JOY together in community; I am looking forward to sharing, engaging and connecting with YOU as I go Live in my new studio space.
So, put it on your calendar: Thursday, June 28, 2018, 1 CST/2 EST for JOYFest with a Twist!
And if you'd like to get invites in your inbox for future Live Events, you're welcome to subscribe HERE.
If you'd like to have a connection call with me, click HERE.
If you'd like to schedule The JOY Appointment, click HERE.
Hello dear friends, creatives, journal keepers and JOY Finders! I have created another Acronym Video for SUMMER with a special message meant to enable you to initiate more JOY in your daily life. I'm coming to you from my new studio and I am eager to share with you this message that is fun and inspiring!
Your journal is the best way to make the most of my suggestions to make summer the best it can be for you this year!
If you would like access to videos like this in your inbox, please click here.
If you'd like to have a connection call with me, please click here.
And If you'd like to schedule The JOY Appointment with me or would like more information, click here and here.
Hello folks! I was thinking about sharing some things that you, my dear readers, creatives, journal keepers and friends, may not already know about me that might surprise you.
Are you ready? Okay, here goes.
1. I was an early reader at the age of 4. Mom used to tell me that I was reading out of encyclopedias at that age even though I don't remember that part. I am an avid reader to this day.
2. When they did a scoliosis screening at my school when I was 12, they discovered that I had "uneven" shoulders. Later, when I went to a chiropractor for an exam at 16, Dr. Cantor (now deceased, but so kind and generous when he was present in this world) determined I had double curved scoliosis with an upper curve between my shoulder blades and a curve in my lower back which causes my hips area to be uneven. I am highly functional but I'm not one to go hiking or for long walks. And, of course, it would go without saying that I'm not athletic either (my sister fills that role as previous cheerleader in high school) although I have enjoyed games of badminton, ping pong and miniature hockey in game rooms!
3. I had the dream from the time I was 12 years old to be a recording artist, song writer and guitar player. I wanted to be in a live band as lead singer. I did go on to sing in two different worship teams and even played tambourine in one of them. And I also wrote enough songs for an album. And now I'm back to my music roots once again, singing and enjoying myself. I don't think I have a big voice by any stretch, but it does bring me JOY. (And I'm still waiting for a guitar player to offer to play my songs for me since I never did master the guitar myself. *wink*)
4. I used to copy my sister's homework when I was in elementary school and wanted "homework" like she had. I guess you could say I started "writing" at a young age. And of course, I still take notes on books I read and write reviews on ones that really hit the spot for me. And yes, I am one of those writers who has a novel written but not revised tucked away in a magazine box.
5. When I was in high school and early twenties, I sang solos and duets with my sister and another friend in a church setting (before my worship team experience). Whenever I would finish my one song, I was always raring to go to do a full concert of all my favorite songs.
6. My favorite color is orange red. I also love turquoise, lime green and mustard (or what I refer to as gold). I think my first favorite color was purple, then on to gray, and then khaki green. Now I love vibrant colors (as you may notice in my wardrobe pieces on Instagram!)
7. I absolutely LOVE Miniature Schnauzer dogs. Every time I see one, I get animated and point it out if I'm with others. I think they are so adorable with their cute furry faces! No, I would never want one of my own. I just admire them from afar.
8. I remember meeting an artist one day when I was a youth as I was taking a walk around the block where I grew up. She was drawing a female on sketch paper and the detail was intense and I loved it. I watched her draw a little bit of it as we both sat on a sidewalk bench. She saw how much I adored it and she gave it to me! I was so excited. I took it home and copied it as best as I could. I still have that treasure in my artist portfolio.
9. I was a member at Terrace Lake, a place I grew up at during the summers. They had three different slides, one in the kiddie area, one in the deeper section and one next to the diving boards where it was very deep. The highest slide was 25 feet. After being too frightened to go down that slide at 15 and 16, with the help of two friends (who I still care about deeply), I went down that slide when I was 17! I was elated! (and I enjoyed it on repeat all that summer.)
10. I do NOT like roller coasters, haunted houses or horror movies.
And here's an extra one that applies to my eating habits and my physical well being:
11. I went Gluten Free about 10 years ago due to an issue with iron absorption. I'm always pleased with new gluten free products when they become available for me to try, like mac and cheese, spaghetti, crackers, chips, and cereal. Most of them are either rice based or corn based with either flour or sprouted grain options. I have found the gluten free foods to be easier to digest and I love the taste of the corn and brown rice products.
So, there you go! Now you know a bit more about me! You're welcome to leave a comment below about things I may not know about you! Have fun with it.
And if you'd like to subscribe to get more blog posts in your email, simply sign up! And you will receive 3 Secret Keys to a More JOY-filled Life*!
*you will also receive The JOY Finder and 10 Steps into JOY.
In this video, originally recorded LIVE on Instagram, Dawn shares details on the Contest she is hosting on Instagram only, plus the JOY Filled Activities she includes when you have a JOY Appointment with Dawn! She also shares some music and a word about a contest she entered as a young artist. EnJOY the replay!
If you'd like to schedule The JOY Appointment with Dawn, please click here.
I'm back with another FUN Acronym video, this one for the month of May! I recorded this video directly from my studio space and I'm having a blast sharing encouragement and JOY through my Acronyms to give you food for thought with JOY and Self Care taking center stage.
If you'd like early access to these videos plus exclusive content I don't share anywhere else, you're welcome to sign up! You'll also receive 3 Secret Keys to a More JOY-Filled Life, 10 Steps Into JOY visual and The JOY Finder.
If you'd like to have a connection call with me, click here.
If you'd like to schedule The JOY Appointment, purchase here and schedule here.
If you'd like hand lettered and illustrated visuals for your business brand on your website and for social media promotion. please click here for Dawn's Dynamic Designs: Hand Lettering and Illustration.
If you'd like to check out 7 Steps to Creative Clarity Course, click here.
And if you love to color, check out Dawn's Life Directives and Affirmations Coloring Pages with Prompts.
As many of you know, I launched my new website here at Refresh with Dawn Herring on 4/16 (hope you're loving it!) along with some new services and products I've put my heart and soul into!
One of those services is The JOY Appointment: The One Appointment You'll Want to Keep! Yes!! I'm so excited about this new service and it has been so much fun and has given ME so much JOY to connect with you!
To honor this new time at Refresh with Dawn Herring, I've decided to host a Party of Sorts to Celebrate all this new stuff! So, I plan to Go LIVE on Instagram and I'll be hosting a very special Celebratory Contest that includes a Complimentary JOY Card Reading Giveaway from my new JOY Finder Game Card Deck! Yes!
Join me on Wednesday, May 2nd, 1 CST/2 EST, as I go LIVE to Celebrate my new website launch and my new service, The JOY Appointment, which is now available for purchase and for scheduling with me for a private JOY session. I will be sharing my Life Message Podcast Jingle plus a portion of a new song I've written called, Feel More JOY, which you can watch in full in My Path to JOY video series that is available for subscribers only!
I'll also be talking a bit about the Fun of Contests and what it's like to Win one from my artistic past and you're welcome to join me live and share contests you have entered and won! It's time to Celebrate Our Wins together! (Celebrate Your Wins is an important element to The JOY Appointment!)
If you check out The JOY Appointment Page on my website, you will note that one of the elements of The JOY Appointment is to receive a full 3 JOY Card Spread. For this Contest, I will be offering a one Card JOY Reading in a private one-to-one session with me.
If you would like to enter the Celebratory Contest on Instagram, here are the Fun Steps to take:
1. Go to my Instagram account, @RefreshwithDawnHerring, (if you follow me, all the better! *wink*) and leave a comment under my Contest Post with your first and last name and "I want in!"
2. Next, Subscribe here to be officially entered to win a one card JOY Reading from The JOY Finder Game Card Deck. (Be sure to include your first and last name when you subscribe! Thank you!)
3. Once you are subscribed, you will automatically receive entry into the contest plus you will also receive my new 3 Secret Keys to a More JOY-Filled Life mini course, 10 Steps into JOY Visual, and The JOY Finder.
4. The Deadline for this One Card JOY Reading Giveaway is Friday, May 11 at midnight!
I'd love to have you join me as I go LIVE on Instagram on Wednesday, 5/2, 1 CST/2 EST, as I Celebrate my new Website and my new service, The JOY Appointment!
If you would like to schedule The JOY Appointment with me, just click here to purchase.
If you would like to have a connection call with me first, click here.
The winner of this Celebratory Contest will be notified with a private Congratulatory email with further follow up details.
If you are a previous contest winner, you are not eligible to enter this contest.
Thanks so much for entering and and for joining me to help Celebrate! I look forward to seeing you there.
Here is my JOYFest: Lets Play Musical Chairs Edition. :) This is the first of three videos I recorded when I went LIVE on March 7th, starting on my Personal Facebook, then to Your Path to JOY Group and then to Instagram. I share my Musical Surprise and talk about how Music can be an instant source of JOY.
Here are links to my offerings mentioned:
7 Steps to Creative Clarity
Dawn's Life Directives and Affirmations Coloring Pages with Prompts
21 Day Refresh Intensive
For more videos, early access and exclusive content for subscribers only, subscribe today!
Dawn engages in many roles, from Writer and Artist to Creative Visionary and Strategist as well as Social Media Director, basing her Strategies from her vast experience as award-winning, life-long artist and Host of #JournalChat Live for all things journaling on social media, offering encouragement and information to other journal keepers. Dawn's focus is on journal keeping, artistic expression, positive change, and personal empowerment leading you to leave your authentic and positive mark in the world. Dawn is a watercolor and collage artist, daily doodler/hand letterer/illustrator and writer/blogger and enjoys sharing insights, humor, and encouragement as she shares from her life experiences as a woman, wife, mother of two grown daughters and as a Skip-Generation Grandparent to a special needs grandson. She enjoys keeping a journal and reading spiritual texts to help keep the light on. Have a fab day and may joy find you in the most unexpected places.
All 2016 2017 2018 5 Minute Refresh Acid Free Card Stock Acronym Appreciation Artists Art Journaling Art Journal Prompt Authenticity Awareness Back To School Birds Birthday Body Language Brayer Change Clothing Collage Color Contentment Costume Creative Conversations Creative Expectation Creativity Creativity Is A Gift Decision Making Design Doodle Dynamics Emotions Fabrics Facebook Live Video Family Fashion Filling Your Creative Well Food For Thought Fresh Perspective FUN Generosity Gift Giving Gretchen Rubin Halloween Handbag How Curiosity Can Enhance Our Creativity How To Gain Clarity In Challenging Situations How To Recognize Illusion When You See It How To Recognize New Growth Illustrated Birthday Doodle Illustration Intuition Jewelry Jill Winski JournalChat Live #JournalChat Live OPEN HOUSE Journaling Journal Prompt Joy JOYFest Layering Layering With Watercolor Listen To Your Intuition Memoir Merry Christmas Mindset Mix And Match Mocking Bird Modeling Paste Music Nurture October Oil Pastel Periscope Broadcast Physical Well Being Place Refresh Daily Audio Refresh Daily Book Review Refresh Daily Interview Refresh Daily Podcast Refresh Daily Rewind Refresh Daily Video Refresh Intensive Refreshment Refresh With Dawn Herring Self Care Sketchbook Sleeveless Blouse Staying Present The Birthday Wall Video Watercolor Why Documenting Your Life Is Important And Beneficial Winsor Newton Watercolor Markers Work Habits Your Authentic Path Your Creative Center Your Creative Practice